The WS1065 features Object Oriented programming which has often been regarded by users as easy to program and use. Virtual Scanner mode stores 21 various scanner configurations for a total storage capacity of over 38,000 scannable objects. Just as their lower end brother models, this offers a dedicated Skywarn button and Spectrum Sweeper. The WS1065 also ships with a unique in-dash DIN-E installation kit. Subaudible Squelch Decoder
- Menu Driven Programming with Context Sensitive Help – Each menu item provides a few lines of help text that provide assistance with programming and using the scanner
- Scan List-functionality allows you to arrange, group and scan objects according to your preference. Memory Backup – Frequencies remain stored in memory for an extended time even without batteries.
- Free-Form Memory Organization – Allocation of memory dynamically and efficiently as it is needed. This differs from low cost and older scanners that had memory organized in rigid and wasteful memory banks
- Skywarn Storm Spotter Function – Instant access to frequencies used by storm spotter networks. Multi-System Trunking.
- Digital AGC – Instantly compensates for low user audio levels that are common on digital systems
- Scans most common trunked radio system signaling formats, including Motorola, EDACS, LTR and P25 trunked radio networks. Both talkgroup and individual call monitoring are supported