Polk’s new 2007 db Series is better than ever with superior looks and even better sound at prices that make high performance affordable to everyone. The db6501 is a 6.5 inch two way component system that works well in OEM factory systems, as well as with high powered aftermarket head units and component power amps.Polk’s new 2007 db Series is better than ever with superior looks and even better sound–at prices that make high performance affordable to everyone. The db6501 is a 6.5-inch two-way component system that works well in OEM factory systems, as well as with high-powered aftermarket head units and component power amps.
High performance that’s affordable to everyone. Click to enlarge.
The butyl rubber surround won’t fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time.
A vented crossover housing gives you a choice of hidden wire channels for easier, more professional-looking installs.
Polk db Series speakers are built tough to withstand the toughest environments so they are perfect for use in boats of all types. That’s why Correct Craft offers Polk Audio speakers in their award-winning Nautiques ski and wakeboarding boats.
The 25mm liquid-cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeter with neodymium magnet provide clear, detailed highs.
Flush and surface mount swivel cups allow placement flexibility for soundstage optimization in your vehicle.
The 6.5-inch woofers feature a dynamic balance polymer/mica composite mineral-filled cone, which is stiff yet lightweight, for big sound with little distortion. The butyl rubber surround won’t fall apart under the stress of extreme temperatures, sunlight or time, for years of the great Polk sound.
The woofer’s low-mass, two-layer 25mm Kapton voice coil former ensures high power handling and great reliability. Although Katpon handles plenty of heat, a pole plate heat sink promotes better heat dissipation.
A flat spider provides faster, longer excursion linear motion, and the flexible woven leads are sewn directly into Spider for greater reliability.
Finally, the backbone–a rock solid, acoustically inert stamped steel basket finished in rustproof Gun Metal Gray.
The supplied adaptor rings enable the db6501 to fit both 6-1/2-inch and 6-3/4-inch applications, ensuring an easy fit in everything from domestics to imports including VWs and Audis, BMWs and other European imports.
The tough-looking ABS Grilles are computer optimized and based on exclusive MOMO designs, and stainless steel mounting hardware is included.
The 2nd-order Butterworth outboard crossover helps get you component system sound at a coaxial price. Electronic tweeter protection keeps your tweeters from accidental abuse for reliable, high-output sound, and the vented crossover housing gives you a choice of hidden wire channels for easier, more professional-looking installs.
- Overall Frequency Response: 35Hz-23kHz
- Nominal Impedance: 4 Ohms
- Power Handling (continuous): 100 Watts
- Power Handling (peak): 300 Watts
- Efficiency: 92 dB
This system is covered by Polk Audio’s one year parts & labor warranty.
What’s in the Box
Woofers (pair), Tweeters (pair), Crossovers (pair), Mounting Hardware, Speaker Cable, User’s Manual
- Adaptor Rings make it easy to fit the db6501 in 6 1/2 inch and 6 3/4 inch applications
- Two way Butterworth outboard crossover with vented housing, electronic tweeter protection circuit
- Woofers feature polymer/mica composite cone with butyl rubber surround, Kapton voice coil former. 6.5 inch component system with pair each of woofers, tweeters, crossovers
- 25mm liquid cooled silk/polymer composite dome tweeters with neodymium magnet for clear, detailed highs
- Special Shipping Information: This item cannot be returned to Amazon.com. For additional information concerning this policy, please visit our Product Specific Returns Policy Page
- 6.5 inch component system with pair each of woofers, tweeters, crossovers
- Woofers feature polymer/mica composite cone with butyl rubber surround, Kapton voice coil former