How An Equalizer Is Used
The Planet Audio PEQ10 parametric equalizer is a high-fidelity signal processor/preamplifier that allows you to control the relative levels within the audible frequency spectrum of a stereophonic system. It is intended for use in a car audio system which includes amplifiers in a signal path after the equalizer, and provides front, rear, and subwoofer low level outputs via RCA connectors.
- EQ center frequencies: 75Hz – 200Hz – 2kHz – 20kHz
- Equalization range: +/- 18 dB (boost/cut)
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 20kHz
- Subwoofer crossover frequency: Variable 45 – 180Hz
- Signal to noise ratio: 105 dB
- THD: 0.05%
- Subwoofer channel THD: 0.05%
- Channel separation: 60 dB
- Low Level Input Voltage: 0.5 V
- Defeat/Equalizer: 0 dB/ +/-1 dB
- Power supply: 10-16V negative ground
- Output voltage: 7V RMS
Front Panel Controls And Key Features
- Master Volume Control: Use this to adjust the overall output volume level.
- Fader: Use this control to balance the sound level between front and rear speakers as desired.
- Auxiliary Input Selector: This button permits you to select the equalizer input source. The unit features separate rear RCA inputs for CD/DVD players and your choice of an AUX input.
- Subwoofer Frequency: Use this knob to set the crossover frequency for the subwoofer output channel (i.e. it is a low pass filter)
- Subwoofer Gain: This control permits you to increase or decrease the output level of the subwoofer channels.
- Boost/Cut Controls: Each of these controls represent a range of frequencies surrounding a center frequency to cover the audio spectrum from subwoofer frequencies to treble frequencies. Adjust these controls to suit your taste and listening environment. Each center frequency can be adjusted +/- 12 dB.
- Four fixed bands (high, mid, low and sub) with 12dB of boost / cut adjustment. The adjustable subwoofer crossover and gain control add flexibility to your bottom end
- 4 Band Adjustment, Subwoofer Output with Adjustable Filter
- Subwoofer Level Control, Auxiliary Input
- Master Volume Control, Fader Control
- Input Sensitivity Adjustment, PWM (Pulse Width Modulated) Power Supply
- S / N: ≥ 85dB, Night Illumination
- Dimensions: Depth 7″ x Width 1.4″ x Height 5.1″
- 1 Year Warranty